Monday 17th July - Friday 21st July
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope that you have a fantastic trip to LegoLand!
On Monday, we will be going on our class trip to LegoLand. Don't forget to wear appropriate clothing, including sun cream if it's hot!
We will continue to prepare the children for the transition to Year 1. We will set up carousels, whereby the children will move from one activity to the next. They must spend a set amount of time at each activity, as will be the norm in Year 1.
Please let us know through your child's reading record book how they are learning these things at home. You can use Bug Club to practise reading and number skills. Your child also has a mathletics login card.
- P.E. bags should contain a white t-shirt, black shorts or jogging bottoms/leggings and black plimsolls. Please ensure that your child's name is written clearly in each item of clothing.
- The children will have P.E on Friday and we encourage children to change themselves. If you could please support your child in taking off and putting on their own clothes at home this would be a great help.
- The children have been given a reading book and reading record. We will be changing their books weekly, and aim to hear them read at least once a week. Please ensure your child brings their reading book and reading record to school every day.
- Our library day is Thursday when children can change their books.
- Bug Club is an on line reading resource. The children have a collection of books that focus on the skills we are teaching in class.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and should be handed in by Wednesday for marking. We appreciate your support with this.
Have a great week and please don't hesitate to ask us any questions.
Mrs Tucker, Miss Longman and Miss Oliver