Dear Parents and Carers,
We Need You!
If you have any spare time throughout the week and would like to volunteer to support children with their reading in class please speak to us!
Wednesday is Christmas jumper day and our Christmas dinner. A letter has been sent home, please see us if you have any questions.
After school on Wednesday Mrs Abdullaj will be hosting a Christmas story session in the library.
This half term our learning challenge question is how do we celebrate special days?
This week, we will be:
- Reading the book 'Dear Santa' and writing letters
- Weighing parcels and using the vocabulary of heavy and light
- Making Christmas crafts
- Reading our books with an adult.
- Answering and asking 'what, who and where' questions during shared reading.
So far, we have learnt the sounds of the alphabet.
This week, we will be learning about the digraphs sh and ch and the sound they make.
Please also practise the tricky words I, no, to, go, into, the, put, me, we, be, he, you, my, all and they.
Each week we will be visiting the school library. The children will be bringing home a library book which will then need to be returned weekly for the children to change. We will be visiting the library on Monday.
- P.E. bags should contain a white t-shirt, black shorts or jogging bottoms/leggings and black plimsolls. Please ensure that your child's name is written clearly in each item of clothing.
- The children will have P.E on Fridays and we encourage children to change themselves. If you could please support your child in taking off and putting on their own clothes at home this would be a great help.
Have a great week and please don't hesitate to ask us any questions,