Dear Parents and Carers,
Wednesday 21st March is Time to read! Come and read with your child from 8.50-9.15 am.
We also have a visit from the farm! The animals will be in our school wilderness and parents and the school community are invited to the farm at 2.15pm on Wednesday. The children will be visiting the farm with their class so will not be able to join parents on Wednesday.
This half term we are answering the Challenge question: where do animals live?
This week we will be:
* Reading the book 'The little Red Hen'
* Retelling the story 'The Little Red Hen'
* Naming and describing 3D and 2D shapes
* Reading our books with an adult and summarising what happens in the beginning, middle and end of the story.
So far, we have learnt the sounds of the alphabet. We have started learning about digraphs and have learnt sh, ch, ng, qu, th, ai, ee, igh, oa, both oo sounds, ar, or, ur, ow, oi, ear and air.
This week, we will be learning about the digraph or and the sound it makes.
Please also practise the tricky words I, no, to, go, into, the, put, me, we, be, he, you, my, all, they, her, was, are, have, said, like so and do.
Mathletics and Attendance challenge!!
Matheletics: If you use mathletics at home each week and earn 1000 points playing the games, your child's name will go into a raffle draw to win prizes! Class teachers will check weekly to see which children have earned 1000 points or more. Prizes will be given out at the end of term.
Attendance: Each week the attendance percentage will be calculated for each class. The class with the highest attendance percentage (97% or above) will win a non-uniform day! So make sure your children are in school every day so they are in with a chance of winning! The class with the best attendance percentage for the term will win a trip to the cinema!
We Need You!
If you have any spare time throughout the week and would like to volunteer to support children with their reading in class please speak to us!
We are also collecting boxes, clean bottles and recycling materials for our junk modelling area and activities. If you have any you could bring into school that would be great!
Each week we will be visiting the school library. The children will be bringing home a library book which will then need to be returned weekly for the children to change. We will be visiting the library on Monday.
- P.E. bags should contain a white t-shirt, black shorts or jogging bottoms/leggings and black plimsolls. Please ensure that your child's name is written clearly in each item of clothing.
- The children will have P.E on Fridays and we encourage children to change themselves. If you could please support your child in taking off and putting on their own clothes at home this would be a great help.
Have a great week and please don't hesitate to ask us any questions,