Monday 26th June to Friday 30th June
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope that you had a fantastic weekend!
This week is health and fitness week, so don't forget that children should be wearing their P.E. kits all week. It's also Sports Day on Friday: KS2 in the morning and EYFS/KS1 in the afternoon. There will be a picnic lunch on the field for the whole school community from 12-1pm. All welcome!
During the week, we will be reading the story of Supertato and will be thinking about keeping healthy through eating well and exercising.
We will also be:
- Telling the time (thinking about minutes and hours)
- Talking and writing about superheroes
- Reading to a grown-up.
We will continue to prepare the children for the transition to Year 1. We will set up carousels, whereby the children will move from one activity to the next. They must spend a set amount of time at each activity, as will be the norm in Year 1.
Don't forget to pay/give permission for our Legoland trip on Monday 17th July.
- The children have been given a reading book and reading record. We will be changing their books weekly, and aim to hear them read at least once a week. Please ensure your child brings their reading book and reading record to school every day.
- Our library day is Thursday when children can change their books.
- Bug Club is an on line reading resource. The children have a collection of books that focus on the skills we are teaching in class.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and should be handed in by Wednesday for marking. We appreciate your support with this.
Term finishes on Friday 31st March at 2pm. We start back at school on Tuesday 18th April. Have a lovely holiday!
Have a great week and don't hesitate to ask us any questions!
Miss Howard and Miss Wilson