Dear Parents and Carers,
On Tuesday 17th we will be holding our parents evening meetings. Please speak to us if you have any questions about making an appointment or checking appointment times.
On Friday 20th at 2.30pm will be holding our first homework project exhibition. We will be displaying this half term's learning outcome as well as homework projects the children have brought in. This is a wonderful opportunity to walk around school with your child to look at work we have been completing in class as well as other year group projects.
This week, we will be:
- Learning about Divali and making diva lamps
- Learning about addition
- Writing captions using letter sounds we have learnt
- Reading a book to an adult.
This half term we would like you to make a house/home out of a material of your choice.
These will then be displayed at our exhibition of homework and school based projects on Friday 20th October at 2.30pm.
This week we will be visiting the school library. The children will be bringing home a library book which will then need to be returned weekly for the children to change. We will be visiting the library on Thursday.
So far, we have learnt the sounds s, a, t, p.i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, e, u and r.
This week, we will be learning h, b and f.
Please also practise the tricky words I, no, to, go, into and the.
- P.E. bags should contain a white t-shirt, black shorts or jogging bottoms/leggings and black plimsolls. Please ensure that your child's name is written clearly in each item of clothing.
- The children will have P.E on Fridays and we encourage children to change themselves. If you could please support your child in taking off and putting on their own clothes at home this would be a great help.