Monday 7th January 2019
This half term we will be learning about Traditional Tales and this week we are learning about the story The Three Little Pigs.
We will also be starting focus learning time with our key worker. This will be 10mins each day and we will work in a small group to develop our communication and language and personal, social and emotional development. The activities will change each week.
This week we are engaging with:
* Stories - we will be listening to and learning the story of the Three Little Pigs. We will also be reading lots of different traditional tales throughout the half term.
* Role play - we will be learning about the doctors surgery - what happens and how do doctors help people.
* Maths - we will count objects carefully and start to recognise numerals 1-5
* PSHE - we will be turn taking and playing in a small group
* Music - We will be exploring sounds in the environment
* Phonics - We will be exploring loud and quiet sounds as we sing
* Literacy - We will be joining in with repetitive phrases in stories.
Dates for the Diary
Stay and Play will be scheduled for Spring term 1. A letter with more information will be sent home shortly.
Our school warning system.
This is in place for children who do not follow the school rules and if they receive three warnings they will have 3 minutes of thinking time. We will talk to you if your child has thinking time so that we can work together to support them in following the school rules consistently.
Our school rules are:
1. To listen to adults
2. Use kinds words.
3. Use gentle hands
Our P.E sessions will be on a Friday. The children will alternate between yoga and games/physical skills in the school gym. Please ensure that children wear suitable clothing e.g. tracksuit, leggings (no tights) and have their plimsolls in school.
Children will have a book bag with a book and reading record. Please share the book with your child as often as possible, write a comment in the reading record and return to school each Wednesday. Books will be changed and sent home every Friday.
Miss Howard, Mrs Balkhu, Mrs Glowala, Miss Horan & Miss Penny