Monday 18th March 2019
This week we have the sign up sheet for stay and play and parent consultations. You will be sent home a reminder of your chosen date and time.
Stay and Play: Tuesday 26th - Thursday 28th March
Parent consultations: Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd April
This half term we will be learning about 'Animals' and this week we are learning about the story Noisy Farm by Rod Campbell. We will be focusing on woodland, farm and sea creatures.
This week we are learning:
* PSHE - we will be talking about friends and how we need to be kind to all of our friends in nursery
* Understanding of the World - we will be learning about the items in our role play farm shop and learning where they come form e.g. milk comes from cows.
* Stories - we will be listening to the story Noisy Farm and using props to tell the story as a group.
* Maths - we will be counting animals and comparing two sets, using the language 'more' and 'the same'
* Literacy - We will be joining in with repetitive phrases in stories and talking about the marks that we make.
* Music - We will be exploring sounds in the environment and how we can change the sound of instruments. We have been using maracas, bells and egg shakers.
* Phonics - We will be learning about words that rhyme and we have added 'ing' words to our rhyming sets e.g. king, ring, wing.
* Role play - we will be learning about woodland animals and their habitats and learning how to work in a farm shop.
Dates for the Diary
Dates for stay and play and parents meetings are above.
Nursery will finish on Thursday 4th April for the Easter holidays.
Our school warning system.
This is in place for children who do not follow the school rules and if they receive three warnings they will have 3 minutes of thinking time. We will talk to you if your child has thinking time so that we can work together to support them in following the school rules consistently.
Our school rules are:
1. To listen to adults
2. Use kinds words.
3. Use gentle hands
Our P.E sessions will be on a Friday. The children will alternate between yoga and games/physical skills in the school gym. Please ensure that children wear suitable clothing e.g. tracksuit, leggings (no tights) and have their plimsolls in school.
Children will have a book bag with a book and reading record. Please share the book with your child as often as possible, write a comment in the reading record and return to school each Wednesday. Books will be changed and sent home every Friday.
Miss Howard, Mrs Balkhu, Mrs Glowala, Miss Horan & Miss Penny