Monday 18th December 2017
Dear Parents/ Carers
This week we will talk about special times we have had with our families and what we do to celebrate special occasions. You can help your child by reminding them of special times that you have shared together (using photographs if possible) and encouraging them to talk about what you did to celebrate.
For phonics we follow the Letters and Sounds programme. This term we will focus on sound discrimination by listening to and identifying environmental and instrumental sounds. You can help your child by going on a sound walk and identifying the different sounds you hear. Click on the pictures below to play some listening games:
You have now received a booklet outlining the learning opportunities your child will have this year. The numbers at the start of the objectives listed below refer to the statements in the booklet.
Our objectives this week are:
- CL 16 – Uses vocabulary that reflects the breadth of their experiences.
- PD 35 – Dresses with help, e.g. puts arms into open fronted coat.
- PSED 42 – Aware of own feelings and know that some actions and words can hurt others’ feelings.
- L 66 – Sometimes gives meaning to marks as they draw and paint.
- M 95 – Shows interest in shapes in the environment.
- UW 100 – Recognises and describes special times or events for family or friends.
- EAD 127 – Sings to self and makes up simple songs.
Next term, your child’s key worker will work with the children in small groups to encourage discussions of special times with family and friends. Please bring in photographs or other items to support your child’s discussion by Friday 5th January. Remember to write your child’s name on anything brought in. (See letter for more details).
Dates for the Diary
Tues 19th December: Nursery Christmas Party
Tues 19th December: Nursery last day
Wed 20th December: End of term
If you have any questions, please speak to one of us. We are happy to help.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership. We wish you a happy and restful holiday and look forward to seeing you in the New Year.
Mrs Bass, Mrs Balkhu, Miss Dhillon, Miss Horan & Miss Penny