Monday 12th November 2018
This half term our learning focus is 'people who help us' and 'transport'.
This week the children will be learning about the book The Train Ride by June Crebbin.
This week we are learning to:
* Retell the story of the train ride by looking at the pictures.
* role play going on a train in the train station role play area.
* Count objects carefully
*Count in rote to 10 and then 20
* PSHE - How do we know if someone is feeling sad?
* Learn our new friends names
* Talk about what we are doing when asked by an adult
* Share the toys that we have in nursery
Dates for the Diary
* We will be performing with the Reception children in their Christmas Nativity.
This will be on Wednesday 5th December at 10am and Thursday 6th December at 2pm. A letter with more information will be sent home shortly.
Our school warning system.
This is in place for children who do not follow the school rules and if they receive three warnings they will have 3 minutes of thinking time. We will talk to you if your child has thinking time so that we can work together to support them in following the school rules consistently.
Our school rules are:
1. To listen to adults
2. Use kinds words.
3. Use gentle hands
Our P.E sessions will be on a Friday. The children will alternate between yoga and games/physical skills in the school gym. Please ensure that children wear suitable clothing e.g. tracksuit, leggings (no tights) and have their plimsolls in school.
Children will have a book bag with a book and reading record. Please share the book with your child as often as possible, write a comment in the reading record and return to school each Wednesday. Books will be changed and sent home every Friday.
Miss Howard, Mrs Balkhu, Mrs Glowala, Miss Horan & Miss Penny