Monday 11th December 2017
This week our value is to Aim High.
Our reading strategy is Visualising.
Our new Learning Challenge is:
How can robots help in an earthquake?
You can find out more about our Learning challenges from the long term plans saved on this page.
We are looking for parent helpers to read with children across our Phase. If you have any spare time available and you're interested in helping, please let me know.
We are having a school-wide competition on Mathletics! Please encourage your child to use Mathletics as much as possible at home!
Dates for your Diary:
- This Wednesday is our Christmas Jumper Day
- On Friday we will be visiting the Panto and returning to school at 5pm - yyou need to have signed and returned a permission slip for children to attend.
- PE is on Monday and Thursdays. Please make sure your child always has the correct PE kit.
- Homework will be set every Friday and is due the following Wednesday.
- We encourage children to read at home every day. Please encourage your child to read a variety of text types and listen to them read as much as possible. Our Librarian is happy to help with book choices. When listening to your child read, please ask them questions about the text and ask them to summarise what they are reading. Question openers can be found in the back of the reading record.
Thank you, Miss Soma.